Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Two Old Men

Acrylic on Panel
8 X 10
This is my first black and white painting I have ever done. I did not use just blacks and white because in doing that I would have given the painting a harsh feeling. Instead, I used shades and tints of purple. The two old men sitting on the bench in the foreground have more detail compared to the abstracted background. The background in the picture I used as a reference, was windows on a building. There were people and other shapes in the windows that I blurred and put less emphasis on. The darkest dark is the dominating color, which balances the less of the lightest light. To me the men have angry expressions on their faces giving the idea that these men are either mad at each other or they are complete strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment